Monday, December 17, 2007

Look What I Got From My Swap-bot Partner

Several months ago I was looking around in cyber-space and found a site called swap-bot http://www.swap-bot.com/ I looked at it for a while and finally decided to try it. I got in on a shabby chic matchbox exchange. I had so much fun making my little box! I am really not a creator of fabulous paper items, but I thought what the heck and did one. It's amazing all the things one can fit in a small matchbox. I made and mailed mine off as soon as my partner was assigned to me. I thought it wasn't too bad for a first-timer.

Some of the beads fell off, but I thought that just added to the shabby chic flavor.





I waited and waited and waited for what seemed like forever to receive mine. (It was mailed within the guidelines of the swap-my partner was perfect, I was just impatient to get my little package of pretty!) It finally showed up today and what a sweet surprise! It was full of pretty little things. Lucky me! I don't know what I'll do with any of it. I will probably just put everything back in the box and bring it out when I need a little dose of pretty.
She even included a beautiful handmade card!
Thank you LauraLaughs! I really enjoyed your handiwork!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like yours better!
Really nice work!

julia said...

What fun!! I bet this will make you look at the little things in life a little closer.
julia

Over The Top Aprons said...

What a nice surprise!

Kim said...

Thanks RM! Yes Julia, I have been keeping an out for sweet tiny things that could be matchboxed later! It was a nice surprise Mommy and Me-thanks for stopping by!! Please come again!