Saturday, April 19, 2008

Goodbye Grampa


My Grandpa died in the early hours of Wednesday April 9, 2008. He was surrounded by his family in a hospital in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He had been ill for several days and had finally had enough. He was 78 years old. He has a wife, 3 daughters, 3 granddaughters (I'm the oldest), 3 grandsons, 3 great-granddaughters, and 4 great-grandsons. He loved us all dearly and his death left a big hole in all of our hearts. There is so much to say about him and about how much he is loved, but my weak words would do him no justice so I'll just say our hearts are broken and he is greatly missed.
Goodbye Grampa. I am blessed that you are mine. I love you.
(The picture above was taken on my front porch last July-Gramma's head is in the background.)

No comments: