Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Almost Time To Go To Work

I have the best job in the world-one that actually pays cash money (The mom gig is great, but it doesn't pay in U.S. currency). Twice a year there is a giant antiques show in our area. I have been going out there for years and always said "Man, I wish I could get someone to pay me to be here" and guess what-someone DOES! I was thinking of something along the lines of a 'picker', but you just never know what's gonna turn up. I work for a magazine-Show Daily-known to those who know anything as simply "The Book". I hawk ads, write some and take photos. This will be my 3rd show-It is hard, but fun. Here is the awesome cover for this shows issue

It looks like at least one (possibly three) of those photos is mine! WhooHoo!

The show lasts for about 2 weeks with different shows opening here and there. It's a great big party and Suzy and Roberto (the publishers) are right in the middle of it.

This year they'll even have a documentarian (is that a word?) out there filming the fun for future generations. Here's his website:

http://www.nicholaskurtz.com/About_Me.html

Here's a link to the magazine:

http://www.showdaily.us/

Several of the shows have been featured in major magazines like Country Living and Better Homes and Gardens. If you're a junker, antiquer, flea market junky or are just looking to have an incredible time, this is one show you don't want to miss. Click on the magazine link for more info or type in Round Top/Warrenton Antique Show.

ONLY 1 MORE WEEK TILL THE FUN BEGINS!

Show dates are Sept 23-Oct 4

Here is some of the awesomeness you can expect to see:


Check my old March/April and September/October posts for more!

No comments: