Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Music

I have had several people ask me about the "shizophrenic" music on my player over there so I guess I should explain. I can't play an instrument or carry a tune to save my life, but like most people I love music-I usually have a song in my head that goes along with whatever is happening around me. I always kick my husband's butt when we play "guess the singer" while listening to the XM 70's channel. Some of the music on my blog list reminds me of old friends (Rosemarie-Happy Happy Joy Joy & Linus and Lucy), family (Grandparents/Mom-I Saw the Light, Spirit in the Sky), and childhood (Delta Dawn). Some of it my kids picked out for dancing before school in the a.m. (Cha-Cha Slide, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, Hollaback girl {they like singing the word shit}, Let's Get Retarded, etc). I can't explain the rest of it except to say it makes me happy and is good housecleaning music. I will listen to just about anything-although I don't like rap (but I will confess that I know all the words to Rapper's Delight) and most country music just makes me pissy.
Now ya know.

No comments: