Saturday, February 2, 2008

Love, Janis


Last Saturday my Mom and I went to see the play Love, Janis. It was sooo good. My Mom just couldn't figure out why in the world all those old people were interested in the play. Old people she said. Old People. Old. People. The crowd was mostly people of her generation. HMM. Sorry Mother. It happens to the best of 'em. My mom is a very young looking 50-something though.
Janis Joplin was a drunk, drug addict, hyper sexual, bi-sexual. She probably could have benefitted from a little therapy, but she had a spark that couldn't be put out. It seems that often the people who are brave enough to put themselves out there to be looked at do have some major "flaws". I just wonder: if she would have been more "normal" would she have been able to do the things that she did.

No comments: