Friday, January 23, 2009

Painting

My sweet friend Christine has been wanting to open a coffee shop for years. She and her husband were recently able to buy a building down town. She is not going to open the coffee shop full time yet so the building is being used by our church for kid's ministry and ladies bible study. It was pretty ugly in there so we spent a couple of days painting. It's been fun gathering odds and ends furniture and gussying the place up.

We had lots of help that first night painting!That's me up on the ladder. I am so not graceful and I always seem to be the one up on the ladder or walking backwards!

I trimmed-Christine rolled.

Here's what down town small town looks like at around 9 p.m. on a Sunday night:Here's a view from the busy direction:We are almost done-got the green all up and the yellow on the other 2 walls. The floor will be brown. Hopefully we'll be able to finish next week and I'll WOW you with the after shots.

No comments: