Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Sale and The Fun

This weekend was our sale. It was our flea market/crap boutique extravaganza! We unloaded a lot of yard sale stuff and actually did pretty good on our Shabby Chic stuff too. It is fun to make money on our addiction to yard sale shopping, but the best part is spending the day with friends.
You just never know what you'll find in your friends yard sale pile.I also never would have guessed my sweet friend was so cruel to small animals. She teased these bees with her fake flowers.

My daughter spent the day with the ladies at the sale. Our shabby chic palace is usually Julia's beauty shop so what's a girl to do besides hair. All she really needed was a willing participant. Leave it to Grandma to go along with the fun! (OK, this is not my daughters Grandma, but she IS somebodies Grandma). She was such a good sport!This is only one of the styles experimented with that day. If you'll notice the mirror, we also did a little math. After the sale we were picking up our signs-yes we actually do that! We pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant to pick one up and saw a chicken under a truck. At first it looked like a one-legged chicken so I had to take a picture. It turned out to have 2 legs afterall, but how did it get there? Was it just the lucky one? Did someone leave the restaurants back door open and it ran out to safety? Really, what was a chicken doing in a parking lot of a restaurant next to the interstate?

The sale is over. It's a big bummer. I can hardly wait for the next one in March!~

1 comment:

julia said...

Kim
This is a great post. It was like doing it all again with out the work. I love the picture of my Mom and the red long johns. I to, can’t wait until the next sale.