Friday, June 20, 2008

Fruitful Friday

My friend has officially moved, but that's OK-I still have her MOM so I know she'll be back! We went to an estate sale this morning-see what I found:Lots of vintage ribbon and seam binding-$1
Frogs! Only $1 each!

I didn't buy this sign, but I just wonder how someone winds up with such a thing-I mean, I understand completely why it's in a yard sale, but who thought it would be a good thing to buy new? And for what purpose?

Awesome pintucked gauzy white shirt with no buttons-I love this-don't know why-only 50 cents! Here's a view of the beautiful collar:

This is a rockin' dress from the 1940's! It looks like it could be from the 80's, but it's not. It set me back a whole $1!

My favorite find of the day was 2 vintage brazieres! Yes, brazieres-not bras. These things deserve a much bigger word than just simply 'bra':These babies are industrial strength! There are 7 clasps on the back of each, with stays and padding everywhere. One of them is a bullet bra-you remember when the girls were supposed to be pointy? Well, I don't either, but I've seen pictures. I love things like this-I will display these on my mannequins for a while. They will remind me to be thankful that I am a woman of this generation! I am free from the oppression of pointy boobs!

No comments: