Friday, June 13, 2008

On Her 10th Birthday, My Daughter Gives Me The Finger

My oldest child is 10. I remember when she was tiny and I'd be at the grocery store, pushing her in the basket, kicking and screaming up and down the aisles (she kicking and screaming-not me-just to be clear *grin*). I thought my life would forever be in that constant state of chaos . I could feel the sympathy in the looks from the 'old' ladies and usually one would speak to me only to say-"Enjoy this, honey, because it will be over before you know it." I would smile and nod and say in my head-"LIAR! This madness will NEVER end!" Well, they were right. That particular kind of madness is over. My girl is 10 and it went by in a flash.
For her birthday she wanted to take a friend to the nail salon, so we did:
They had great fun. My girl got a kick out of giving me the finger:

Creepy looking-I know.

The result:

I am hoping the next 10 years don't go by so fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!!
I finely have internet. The beginning of this post had me worried. Please tell Savanna I said “Happy Birthday”. Don’t forget lunch on Wednesday.
Love Ya Julia